IOSH Managing Safely – Virtual Learning
IOSH Managing Safely (Virtual Training)
IOSH Managing Safely is an ideal course for any individual in a supervisory or management position to understand why and how to manage safety within their organization effectively.
IOSH Managing Safely takes participants through the essential steps ineffective health and safety management, from identifying and assessing risks and developing control methodologies, to understanding personal and corporate responsibilities.
The course also includes vital information on the importance of incident investigations and how to conduct an investigation, to identify the root causes of incidents to reduce the risk of repeating similar incidents.
IOSH Managing Safety provides critical information on how to set leading and positive performance goals and track success against these to drive positive health and safety culture within organizations.
The course includes relevant videos and written course material. Delivery of the course involves significant amounts of group discussion and small group work, with participants expected to feed back their assessments to the wider group for discussion.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Implement risk assessment methods to identify and rank health and safety risks within their business
- Develop controls to reduce or mitigate these risks to minimize business exposure
- Understand both personal and corporate responsibilities relating to health and safety
- Have an understanding of how to investigate incidents to reduce the likelihood of reoccurrence
- Develop methods of measuring performance against health and safety targets
IOSH Managing Safely is designed for safety managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organization worldwide. The course provides the knowledge, skills and tools to tackle the safety and health issues that they’re responsible for.
Importantly, Managing Safely makes a powerful case for safety and health being an integral part of day-to-day management and business and addresses the behavioral aspect of working and managing safely.
- Hazard identification
- Risk assessment and risk ranking
- Health and safety critical control selection and implementation
- Incident investigation tools
- Performance measurement
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Why is it important to manage safely?
- What is your role in influencing managing safely?
- Assessing risks
- What is risk?
- Hazard and hazardous events
- What is a risk assessment?
- How are risk assessments carried out
- Identifying hazards
- Assessing risk – risk matrix
- Recording and communicating findings
- Dynamic risk assessments
- Controlling risks
- How to reduce risk
- Reduction of likelihood
- Reduction of severity
- How do you decide which control to use?
- Hierarchy of risk control
- Human behavior factors
- Benefits of risk reduction vs time, cost and effort
- Putting risk control into practice
- Understanding responsibilities
- What does the law require you to do?
- Duty holder responsibilities
- How does the law work?
- Reasonably foreseeable risks
- Reasonably practicable controls
- Civil law vs criminal law
- Local and International Legal Frameworks
- Key parts of a health and safety management system
- Understanding hazards
- Common hazards within the workplace
- Mechanical hazards
- Physical hazards
- Chemical hazards
- Biological hazards
- Environmental hazards
- Organizational hazards
- What can you do to reduce or mitigate these hazards?
- Investigating incidents
- Why investigate incidents?
- Importance of near-miss reporting and investigation
- How do incidents happen?
- Causal tree
- Immediate causes
- Underlying causes
- Root causes
- How do you carry out an investigation?
- Measuring performance
- What’s performance measurement about?
- How do you measure health and safety performance?
- Indicators, reactive and proactive
- Proactive measures
- Reactive measures
- Standard reporting figures
- Safety pyramid
- What is auditing?