Effective Social Media Marketing
In simple terms, “social media marketing is the promotion of products or brands via one or more forms of social media networks”. Digital marketing differs from traditional marketing in that it involves the use of channels and methods that enable an organization to analyze marketing campaigns and understand what is working and what isn’t – typically in real time” (SAS). This course gives participants richer understanding of the foundations of the new digital marketing landscape and provides them with a new set of stories, concepts, and tools to help them digitally create, distribute, promote and price products and services. Participants will have individual laptops for immediate practice and implementation of learned concepts. Hands-on application will be a vital advantage for participants attending this course.
The course is action and deliverable oriented. It includes short presentations on relevant topics by the consultant and participants and the completion of the participants’ own digital marketing plan using their workbook and the supplied laptops.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
· Evaluate the use of digital platforms in formulating a solid market strategy and identify appropriate business applications of each.
· Recognize opportunities for using Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to provide value to their company and benefits to their customers.
· Set up Google AdWords campaigns to enhance their organization’s engagement with customers and increase their organization’s overall market share through social media marketing.
· Apply the concepts of Google Analytics to investigate marketing channels and learn how to leverage them.
· Launch a full digital marketing campaign to enhance the interface with customers, generate sales leads, and create brand awareness.
The course is designed for marketing and communications professionals who wish to gain a greater understanding of digital marketing, social media, and the latest trends in marketing management. It is also beneficial for experienced managers responsible for developing and implementing marketing programs for their organizations. Individuals who aspire to marketing and communications roles or who are looking to expand their knowledge of best practices in these areas are also encouraged to attend.
· On-line marketing
· Social media marketing planning
· Social media scheduling
· Generating sales leads
· Social media campaigns
· High impact websites
· Social Analytics
· Digital marketing: overview and scope
· Digital marketing versus traditional marketing
· B2B and B2C most ideal platforms:
· Business blogging
· Auditing your website
· Organizing your social media marketing calendar
· Social media marketing: full engagement campaigns
· Overview and some brief statistics
· Social media marketing strategy
· Setting up social media goals
· Be selective
· Find out where your targeted people connect
· Popular social media networks
· Facebook graph search – SEO for Facebook
· Knowing your audience
· Setting up facebook Ads for your targeted demographics and their interests
· Setting up LinkedIn Ads for your targeted industry and prospects
· Google Alerts – monitoring your brands, competitions, and industry trends
· Hashtags – best practices and tools
· Inbound Marketing – overview and methodology
· Self-hosted blogging – tips and tools
· Lead generation
· Ideas for content marketing
· Implementing social media – engaging your audience
· Tips to write social media updates
· Automating social media updates using Buffer
· Creating and editing amazing photos for your social media update without knowing graphic designing/Photoshop
· Scheduling your social media updates
· Other types of social media for small businesses
· Social media plugins to be incorporated with your website
· Measuring your success
· Using Google Analytics to track performance
· Bounce rate, time spent on site and conversions
· Tracking offline conversions