THE ONLINE PLATFORM IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE.
CORPORATE IMMIGRATION COORDINATION & MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Over the last four decades, immigration has again transformed the corporate environment in many industries today. It is also producing significant changes elsewhere, from the European nations that sent people to Nigeria a century ago, to oil-rich regions of the states and developing areas. Why do people migrate across international borders? Can the country immigration officials control migration, including “unwanted” migrants who are looking at working for several organizations in the country?
How do we understand the politics of immigration? We begin with these questions and we examine the policies that let some people in, while keeping others out. We then consider incorporation, the process by which foreign “outsiders” become integrated in their new home while working in our professional and corporate environment.
Are immigrants and their children becoming part of the mainstream in their adoptive countries?
How do sociologists evaluate and theorize immigrant integration?
We start with socio-economic integration and then move on to broader questions of membership, belonging and citizenship.
International migration shows no signs of slowing down so the causes and consequences of immigration will be a critical topic for the 21st century.
The course is anchored in the several cases in several nations of the world, but we will consider other nations and the lessons they provide. It is open to anyone with an interest in immigration and a willingness to examine issues that raise difficult moral, political and academic questions.
This is a demanding, but rewarding, class! We expect you to devote considerable time and energy to the course. In return, We will share our passion for immigration studies and help you gain a deeper understanding of the topic and social science research.
Core Curriculum includes:
Overview of Immigration Management
Managing Immigration Agency Relationship
Security and Risk Management in Immigration
Immigration Technology Basics
Measuring Success: Trends, Forecasting and Reporting Value in Immigration issue
**Who Should Take the Course?**
* Administrative Managers/Assistants
* Immigration Co-ordinators
* Travel & Protocol Managers
* Personal Assistants/executive secretaries new to travel management
Course Benefits includes;
- Advising immigrants or preparers on appropriate documentation and lead times required for sponsored travel and outside activities, domestic travel, foreign travel, premium class, non-contract carrier, foreign flag carrier, actual expense allowance and leave requests.
- Provide immigration law related advice and support to regional functions
- Act as a point of contact for any matters relating to the employment, residence and presence of foreign nationals within their Region
- Work closely with outside counsel nominated by the Legal Department on immigration matters including determination of appropriate visa and filing of necessary documentation with the relevant government agencies
- Maintain all immigration/visa records for members of staff from different countries in their Region and as required by law
- If an agent / consultant is used in their Region, act as the focal point of contact with the agent / consultant and monitor the services being provided by the agent / consultant
- Ability to take up the responsibility for, either directly or through our agents / consultants, the issuance and execution of critical immigration related documents filed with government agencies including visa applications/petitions and associated requisite documents
- Together with the Travel Manager establish, implement and enforce standard processes and procedures for documentation related to immigration laws and regulations in countries within their Region
- Provide input to the immigration and visa tracking database to manage visa and immigration activities
- Ability to engage in implementing, disseminating and monitoring compliance with Immigration Compliance Policy
- Will be able to ensure recruiters, operations, staffing/hiring managers are trained in issue-spotting and appropriate visa classification and conduct training of relevant personnel for immigrant from several countries within their Region.
- Organizing passports, processing visas and overcoming the complexities and problems
- Compliance with entry requirements and immigration rules
- Ensuring the health, safety and security of staff and immigrants
- Immigration policies and compliance management
Accommodation and international Immigration requirements
- Factors tochoseand book the most appropriate hotel and rooms
- Meeting the demands of business travel: payment methods and exchange rates
- Methods to research all possible options and prioritize the best
Exhibitions, conferences, visits and events – nationally and internationally
- Planning and organizing immigration events, conferences and visits
- Organising, exhibiting at or attending exhibitions
- Greeting foreign dignitaries, flying flags correctly and meeting expectations
- Order of precedence for official ceremonies
- Analyzing the factors of Immigration Logistics
- Earn Value Immigration Systems
- Strategic Immigration Forecasting techniques
- Tactical/Departmental Immigration Forecasting techniques
- Immigration Operations Forecasting techniques
- Immigrations stakeholders Management
- Immigrations Stakeholders planning
- Immigrations StakeholdersPriotization
- Immigrations Stakeholders optimization
- Power/Interest Grid Matrix as a tool
- E-Travels and bookings in compliance with corporate immigration standard operationprocedures usingany kind of ERP(Enterprise Resource Planner)
- Immigrations Risk Management
- Immigrations Risk Auditing
- Immigrations RiskPriotizationand Categorization
- Immigrations Performance Management
- Harmonizing the goals of the different immigrations channel members
- Budgeting accurately and meaningfully
- Monitoring authorization, approvals, expenditure, allowances, expenses and receipts
- Cost control for ensuring that expenses are legitimate
- Cancellations, claims, reimbursements, hospitality
- Insurance which is robust, appropriate and up-to-date
- Typesof immigrationchannel conflict management
- Analyzing Immigrations Channel gaps
- Effective tools to address immigrations gaps
- Third Party Immigrations Management
- Developing a 3PL and 4PL Immigrations Agency Performance System
Duration: 3 days
Class Session : 10:00am – 4:00pm each day including Breakfast and Lunch time
Customize Your Training
This training solution and other training topics from McTimothyAssociates are currently available as residential/in-house option.
McTimothy Associates Reserves the right to postpone or cancel a course due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases delegate(s) will be registered for the next run of the Course.