This course will equip you with the basic skills required for data visualization in Tableau. You’ll be able to understand how to perform data visualization through Tableau 10, generate insights via creation of data patterns that will enable key decision makers to make policies. Ultimately, you will understand all the features in Tableau which permits you to explore, test with, fix, prepare and present data effortlessly, quickly and in a beautiful method.
The workshop will be an interactive class with different aspects relating to Tableau. It builds on several aspects of learning such as presentation, discussion, class activities, application of knowledge to specific areas of interest and evaluation.
- Use Tableau to Analyze and Visualize Data
- Connect Tableau to a Variety of Databases
- Analyze, Blend, Join, and Calculate Data
- Visualize Data in the Form of Various Charts, Plots, and Maps
- Convert Raw Data into Compelling Data Visualizations Using Tableau 10
The target audience of this course are business students and professionals interested in data-driven business. The course is also valuable for managers, data analysts, monitoring and evaluation specialists who would like to understand data and visualize them so as to be able to make intelligent decisions and policies that will move their businesses forward.
Introduction to Data Visualization
Goal: Give a brief idea of data visualization and introduce Tableau 10
- Identify the prerequisites, goal, objectives, methodology, material, and agenda for the course
- Discuss the basic of Data Visualization
- Get a brief idea about Tableau, establish connection with the dataset, perform Joins operation on the data set
- Data Visualization
- Introducing Tableau 10.0
- Establishing Connection
- Joins and Union
- Data Blending
- Establishing connection with the files, Introducing important UI components (ShowMe, Fit Axes)
- Perform Cross Joins between the dataset
Goal: Learn to manage your dataset and analyze things visually with the help of Marks Card and “highlighting” feature.
- Manage extracts and metadata (by creating hierarchy and folders)
- Describe what is Visual Analytics, why to use it, and it’s various scopes
- Explain aggregating and disaggregating data and how to implement data granularity using marks card on aggregated data
- Describe what is highlighting, with the help of a use-case
- Illustrate basic graphs including bar graph, line graph, pie chart, dual axis graph, and area graph with dual axis
- Managing Extracts
- Managing Metadata
- Visual Analytics
- Data Granularity using Marks Card
- Introduction to basic graphs
- Creating Extracts, Hierarchy, Folders
- All the features of Marks Card Shelve with use case provided
- Power of Highlighting in the visualization using the Use-case
How to create basic graphs in Tableau10.x
Visual Analytics in depth I
Goal: This module presents to you the granular content of Visual analytics, covering various techniques to perform sorting, filtering and grouping on the dataset.
- Perform sorting techniques including quicksort, using measures, using header and legend, and sorting using pill with the help of a use case.
- Master yourself into various filtering techniques such as Parametrized filtering, Quick Filter, Context Filter. Learn about various filtering option available with the help of use case and different scenarios.
- Illustrate grouping using data-window, visual grouping, and Calculated Grouping (Static and Dynamic).
- Illustrate some more graphical visualization including Heat Map, Circle Plot, Scatter Plot, and Tree Maps.
- Graphical Visualization
- Quick Sort, Sorting using measure, Sorting using header and legends, sorting using pill(use-case).
- Filtering Use cases covering different options (General, Wildcard, Conditional).
- Interactive Filter, Quick Filter, Context Filter.
- Grouping using Data Window, Visual Grouping, Calculated Grouping (Static and Dynamic).
Visual Analytics in depth II
Goal: This module presents to you Visual analytics in a more granular manner thereby letting you to dive deep into the content. It covers various advanced techniques of analyzing data including, forecasting, trend lines, reference lines, clustering, parametrized concepts, and creating sets.
- Explain the basic concepts of sets followed by Creating sets using Marks Card, computation sets and combined sets
- Describe the concepts of forecasting with the help of Forecasting problem as a use-case
- Discuss the basic concept of clustering in Tableau
- Add Trend lines and reference line to your visualization
- Discuss about Parameter in depth using Sets and Filter
- Trend Lines.
- Reference Lines.
- Create sets using marks card, Computation sets, and Combined sets
- Forecasting using Precise Range
- Methods of clustering
- Adding trend line and reference line (along with various options available for them)
- Parameter using sets and filter
Dashboard and Stories
Goal: Learn all about Dashboards and Stories in Tableau.
- Describe the basic concepts of Dashboard and its UI.
- Build a dashboard by adding sheets and object into it
- Modify the view and layout.
- Edit your dashboard, how it should appear on phones or tablets.
- Create an interactive dashboard using actions (filter, highlighting, URL).
- Create stories for your Visualization and Dashboards.
- Introduction to Dashboard.
- Creating a Dashboard Layout.
- Designing Dashboard for Devices.
- Dashboard Interaction – Using Action.
- Introduction to Story Point.
- Creating Dashboard and learning its UI component.
- Changing the layout of the dashboard.
- Using Device Designer to create dashboard for devices.
- Create an interactive dashboard using actions (Filter, Highlight, URL).
- Creating story with dashboard.
Goal: This module helps you in understanding mapping in detail, editing unrecognized and ambiguous location, and creating customized geo coding. Learn about polygon map and Web Mapping Service, and finally, add background images with self-generated coordinates.
- Map the coordinates on the map, plot geographic data, and use a layered view to get the street view of the area.
- Edit the ambiguous and unrecognized location plotted on the map.
- Customize territory on a polygon map.
- Connect to the WMS Server, use a WMS background map and saving it.
- Add a background image and generate its coordinate and plot the points.
- Introduction to Maps.
- Editing Unrecognized Locations.
- Custom Geocoding.
- Polygon Maps.
- Web Mapping Services.
- Background Images.
- Plot the coordinate points on the map, plotting the geographic data, Street View using the layered view.
- Editing Unrecognized and ambiguous location
- Custom Geocoding.
- Creating a custom territory, building a polygon map.
- Establishing a connection with the WMS Server a WMS background map and saving it.
- Adding a background image and generate coordinates and finally plotting points.
Goal: This module will help you in creating basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations. Along with this, you will be also introduced to LOD expressions with the help of use cases.
- Perform Calculations using various types of functions such as Number, String, Date, Logical, and Aggregate.
- In addition, you will get to know about Quick Table Calculation.
- Cover the following LOD expressions – Fixed, Included, and Excluded.
- Introduction to Calculation: Number Functions, String Functions, Date Functions, Logical Functions, Aggregate Functions.
- Introduction to Table Calculation.
- Introduction to LOD expression: Fixed LOD, Included LOD, Excluded LOD
- All Functions (Number, String, Date, Logical, Aggregate)
- Table Calculation.
- LOD expressions.
LOD Problem Sets & Hands on
Goal: This module will explain the scenarios where you can implement LOD expressions. This is showcased with the help of a set of problems.
- Tackle complex scenarios by using LOD expressions.
- Use Case I – Count Customer by Order.
- Use Case II – Profit per Business Day.
- Use Case III – Comparative Sales.
- Use Case IV – Profit Vs Target
- Use Case V – Finding the second order date.
- Use Case VI – Cohort Analysis
Goal: Plot various types of Charts using Tableau 10 and have extensive hands-on on industry use cases.
- Box and Whisker’s Plots
- Gantt Charts
- Waterfall Charts
- Pareto Charts
- Control Charts
- Funnel Charts
- Extensive hands-on on the above topics
Integrating Tableau with R and Hadoop
Goal: This module introduces you to the concept of Big Data, Hadoop, and R. You discuss the integration between Tableau and R and finally publish your workbook on Tableau Server.
- You will know the basics of Big Data, Hadoop, and R.
- You will discuss the integration between Hadoop and R and will integrate R with Tableau.
- In addition, you will get to publish your workbook on Tableau Server.
- Introduction to Big Data
- Introduction to Hadoop
- Introduction to R
- Integration among R and Hadoop
- Calculating measure using R
- Integrating Tableau with R
- Integrated Visualization using Tableau
- Installing Reserve package in R
- Integrating Tableau and R
- Publishing your workbook on Tableau Server.
Duration: 5 Saturdays (May 25, June 1, 8, 15, 22)
Class Session : 10:00am – 4:00pm each day including Breakfast and Lunch time
Customize Your Training
This training is currently available as residential/in-house option. If you prefer us to customize or have this training in-house at your location, kindly send your request via e-mail to:email@example.com
McTimothy Associates Reserves the right to postpone or cancel a course due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases delegate(s) will be registered for the next run of the Course.
0 Has Sold