Inventory, Logistics and Distributions Management
Logistics has become a quintessential factor in modern day organizations. This course examines the core issues and skills required to promote production and distribution efficiency, reduce waste and consequently improving Return on Investment (ROI). The programme will afford the personnel in Logistics to be on top of their assignments.
In this training course we will use exercises as well as regional and international case studies. Participants will frequently work in pairs with one another and in larger teams.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize modern supply chain and logistics trends as a basis for sustainable performance
- Employ qualitative and quantitative material forecasting techniques for a streamlined logistical operation
- Develop go-to-market strategies for different product categories based on associated supply risk and financial impact of each
- Describe role of transportation in logistics and identify opportunities for operational improvement
- Describe role of warehousing in logistics and identify opportunities for operational improvement
- Introduction to basic concepts in storekeeping
- Types of Inventory (RM, WIP, FP, MRO)
- Inventory Planning and Control
- Effect of Stores/Warehousing Operations on Organizational Efficiency and Profitability
- How to be in control of Inventory Turnover
o What is moving, what is not
o What is to be ordered, marked down, replaced
- Stores Accounting and Stock-taking.
- Customer Service management in the Warehouse,
- Materials Handling techniques
- Distribution planning and management
- Good Housekeeping practices
- Inbound Logistics
- Transport operations and management
- Distribution Requirement Planning
- Reverse Logistics.