CORPORATE DRIVERS’ DEFENSIVE DRIVING SKILLS TRAINING (Professional Driving Skills)
This training program is design to discusses tips and techniques for avoiding risks and aggression. The course also identifies numerous factors that appear as innocent actions, but have the potential to cause accidents and injuries.
Who Should Take This Course?
Employees who must drive automobiles (cars, vans, pickups) as part of their job. Positions like field sales personnel, field technicians, or personnel visiting offsite locations including delivery of small parts or equipment will benefit from this course. Large delivery trucks are beyond the scope of this course.
After successful completion of this training module, students will understand:
- Recognize external factors that inhibit drivers’ ability to concentrate.
- Apply techniques for focusing attention to the task of driving.
- Detect behaviors and situations that may weaken driving ability
- Employ stress-reducing actions to avoid unsafe driving.
- Complete a pre-trip checklist to ensure vehicle safety.
- Recall procedures for contingency plans, in case of emergency situations.
- Five core modules and choice of three optional modules, taught in six hours
- Case studies and written exercises
- Interactive class discussion
- Specific techniques to help drivers avoid all types of traffic collisions despite the actions of others or the driving conditions.
- Drivers learn the principles of defensive driving and essential collision avoidance techniques.
The five main crash risks and the safety strategies to avoid them
The human factors relating to crashes
Observation, hazard perception and risk awareness techniques
Accelerating and braking: understanding crash-avoidance space and reducing reaction time
Thinking styles: staying motivated to drive in a low risk manner
Common misunderstood road rules
Occupant safety and vehicle maintenance (conducted around an actual vehicle)
Duration: 2 days
Customize Your Training
This training solution and other training topics from McTimothyAssociates are currently available as residential/in-house option.
McTimothy Associates Reserves the right to postpone or cancel a course due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases delegate(s) will be registered for the next run of the Course.
This event has passed