COACHING WITH INSIGHT & EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP
Most managers know, regardless of their levels of experience, that the people-performance issues are the greatest challenges of their jobs. The secret to success is to be able to multiply your effectiveness through others. This course is for professionals who are interested in advancing their supervisory and managerial capabilities using coaching and mentoring skills. The course introduces the core skills and qualifications required to become an ideal coach or mentor, and it describes how the coaching and mentoring processes really work.
In this course, participants will be engaged in extensive role-plays to help them develop their coaching and mentoring skills. Participants will also conduct mini presentations in front of the groups to demonstrate and share their understanding of the course’s material. Individual and group activities will also be used to solve exercises and cases and participants will have the opportunity to assess their personal coaching and mentoring styles using a set of effective self- assessment tools.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define and explain the meaning and the differences between coaching, counselling and mentoring
- Understand why, how and when to apply coaching in a workplace settings
- Understand and explain the benefits of coaching and why sometimes coaching fails
- Analyze and recognize their own coaching styles and how to apply this knowledge in their coaching engagements
- Learn the skills, characteristics and qualifications of the ideal coach
- Improve communication skills to enhance the effectiveness and the quality of coaching sessions
- Learn and apply a variety of coaching strategies, tools and techniques
- Understand the practical application of mentoring and how to create and manage mentoring relationships in the workplace
Managers and supervisors whose responsibilities require coaching and mentoring others with the aim to help them achieve and exceed their performance targets.
- Effective communication
- Active listening
- Questioning skills
- Decision making
- Facilitating growth
- Introduction and definitions
- What is coaching?
- Types of coaching
- Counseling-Coaching-Mentoring – A Continuum
- Coaching, Counseling, Mentoring – Bridging Gaps
- Formal and Informal coaching
- Bossing vs. coaching
- Importance of coaching
- Competencies and the personality iceberg
- Behavioral vs. performance indicators
- Applications, benefits and challenges of coaching
- Applications of coaching in the workplace
- The benefit of coaching
- Why coaching fails?
- Operational and organizational barriers
- Why managers do not coach?
- Coaching mistakes to avoid
- Coaching styles and skills
- Characteristics of an ideal coach
- How a good coach is described
- 7 masterful coaching personality traits
- Myths and realities
- Coaching styles: What kind of a coach are you?
- Seven communication principles for coaching
- Gather good information with EARS
- Good habits of effective listeners
- Coaching sessions, strategies and approaches
- Elements of a good coaching session
- Pre-coaching checklist
- Coaching strategies and approaches
- Five steps of coaching
- Coaching models: TGROW and SURE
- SWOT analysis in Coaching
- The coaching wheel – selected managerial competencies
- BEST – Preview and review coaching
- Asking the right questions in coaching
- Coaching approaches for different behavioral styles (DiSC)
- Arranging the room for coaching
- Running the coaching session
- What is mentoring? Origin of the word
- The historical mentor and modern day definitions
- Myth about mentoring
- Corporate mentoring
- Characteristics of mentoring
- The mentoring impact
- Practical applications
- Informal vs. formal mentoring
- Why mentoring and whom to mentor?
- Benefits of mentoring
- Role and attributes of a mentor
- Mentoring relationships and life-cycle
- Mentoring meeting and agenda
- 10 commandments of mentoring
Duration: 3 days
Class Session : 10:00am – 4:00pm each day including Breakfast and Lunch time
Customize Your Training
This training solution and other training topics from McTimothyAssociates are currently available as residential/in-house option.
McTimothy Associates Reserves the right to postpone or cancel a course due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. In such cases delegate(s) will be registered for the next run of the Course.
This event has passed