THE VIRTUAL PLATFORM IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE.
Blue Ocean Strategy Masterclass
How does the management find a unique positioning, the “place” the organization should be in the industry? That is discovering a good strategy.
The ability to think strategically in today’s global, high-tech business environment is critical to ensuring your organization survives – and grows – into the future. By breaking down business strategy and value creation into its essential elements, you’ll develop your strategic thinking skills. And through structured learning activities including video lectures, quizzes, discussion prompts, and writing assessments you’ll discover how to improve your organization’s competitiveness.
In your arena of tough business rivalry, how do you create an uncontested market space for your organization? That’s the only space where you can make competition irrelevant. What discrete activities would your organization perform in creating, producing, and delivering goods and services? All costs arise from value chain activities and all that makes you differentiated is created by these value chains.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply effectively the strategy management process using essential strategic thinking and planning tools and techniques
- Employ models and frameworks to strategically analyze the external environment of an organization
- Identify and build organizational competencies, capabilities, and competitive position
- Implement a measurable strategic plan to achieve the organization’s vision
- Translate the strategic plan into internal operations with a focus on continuous improvement
- Define a corporate culture that promotes good strategy execution
Understanding Strategic Positioning and value chain
- Why Some Companies are Regularly More Profitable than Others
- Understanding Business Strategy
- How to Develop a Business Strategy
- The five forces that shape strategy
- Competitive analysis
- Steps to Positioning Your Organization Strategically
- Value chain analysis
- Mapping Your Strategy and Your Organization’s Financial Performance
- The Role of Leadership in Strategy.
Blue Ocean Strategic Thought
- Separating Blue Ocean Strategy from Competition-based Strategy
- Finding the Uncontested Market Space
- Guides to Resetting the Rules of the Business Game
- Replacing Competitive Convergence and Struggle to “Be the Best”
- Right and Wrong Measures of Competitive Success
- The Strategy Canvas
- Profit and Growth Consequences of Creating Blue Oceans
Value Chain Management and the P&L Performance
- Defining your Value Chain
- Differentiating Execution and “Best Practices”
- Value Innovation – Offering Unprecedented Utility
- The “Tailored” Value Chain
- Cost, Price, and the Management of the Value Chain
- Configuring Activities to Create Customer Value.